Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hip Hip Hooray!

I have had many people inquire about our house situation. We are pleased to say that we countered the offer we received and they have accepted it! If all goes well, we should be closing sometime in the first part of October. We are praying that everything continues to go smoothly, so we can close on her original date of October 7th. Our realtor told us that not hearing from him meant that things were fine- so I assume that things are great! We are so grateful to all of our friends that have kept this situation in their prayers.

Although I know some people (ahem-Marti) :) were praying for the house not to sell so we would come back "home", we are thankful that we can now begin to plan roots here and get plugged into a church home. This will also help with my state of mind. It has been hard not being able to see friends on a daily basis. I think I have struggled with that the most. Going through bouts of depression and feeling sorry for myself. But our God is a sustaining God, and he has blessed us with being able to re-kindle friendships from college and sending good friends here from other places. I have met many ladies from the Bible studies that he has led me to, and met several women here at our apartment that are becoming fun friendships.


Please continue praying that everything finalizes. We look forward to seeing all of our Little Rock friends in mid October- pumpkin patch anyone?? :)

4 comments:

Krista said...

That is great news! I would love to go to the Pumpkin Patch, but my Saturday classes are going to keep me from it this year. I may see if Michael will take Cauy this year.

Congrats on the house! Cauy misses Ian dearly. He talks about Ian everyday.

Lisa said...

I'm really excited for you! I know it can be a relief to get things finalized. Hope you are able to put down some solid, permanent roots here quickly.

Amy said...

Glad to hear things are working out!! Would love to get together when you are in town. Just let us know when to expect you!

Kann said...

Yippeee!!!! i am very excited for you! I will be praying that all goes well!