Saturday, October 28, 2006

Do You Think I Am Beautiful?

Now I realize that the title of this post sounds like I am fishing for a compliment, but I'm not. I had the neatest opportunity to hear Angela Thomas speak on the above title. She was filming a DVD study based on her book "Do You Think I Am Beautiful?" here in Nashville. Somehow my mother in law was a very lucky duck, and received an invitation to the event and got them to let me come too! It was an amazing 3 nights that I will not soon forget. If you have never heard her speak I would suggest trying to attend one of her engagements if there is one in your area. Basically the book and study talk about the longing of every woman to feel beautiful. One example she used was with the story Cinderella. Do you place yourself in Cinderella's place (the belle of the ball) or in that of a maid of the town (the wall flower hoping to catch the prince's eye). To this day I still tend place my self in a maids position. I don't think I will ever be the "Cinderella" of the ball, and that is OK with me. I know I am not stunningly beautiful and have usually been "one of the guys" instead of the most wanted girl for dating, But my God thinks I am the most beautiful woman- inside and out. He created me to be just as I am- his beautiful child. He made me unique as he did every one of us. If we were in a crowded room standing against the wall (being a wallflower), just waiting for someone to ask us to dance, our God would be yelling across the room "HEY....Are you ready to dance the dance of you life in my arms?" And you feel like the most wanted woman in the room...because you are. We are wanted by our God, who loves us unconditionally. He cares about our inner appearance- the only one that truly matters. Before each session (2 each night), Bethany Dillon led us in worship. It was an amazing time with 75+ women, none of which I knew. We all were worshiping our amazing Lord, offering our best to Him. Bethany Dillon has a song entitled "Beautiful" that is based off of the book. It brought tears to my eyes as it spoke the truth of my teenage years. I wish each one of you my girl friends could have experienced this with me...



****I feel I should add a little note here. After re-reading this, it may seem that no one makes me feel beautiful. That is beside the truth. I have a loving husband, who thinks I am absolutly beautiful (and lets me know it) no matter how i look after 3 children and hectic days. I have 3 wonderful children who never fail to show their love for me. In the above post, I am stating in general the feelings that I have about myself at times. There are days I feel like a super mom and others where I do not. So to my hubby if you read this- Thanks for making me feel like a million bucks even when I don't see it myself and for loving me unconditionally with all your heart!*****

2 comments:

Indie Pereira said...

I remember when you first came to Harding and all of our guy friends were going ga ga over the new beautiful girl. And your beautiful on the inside too. :)

laura said...

sooooo jealous of the worship time with bethany dillon.... she's one of our fam's favorites!!! iguess that's what you get for living in nashville! :)