Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Happy Birthday Laura!

Today is Laura's Birthday! I have known Laura since my freshman year at Harding when I pledged Chio's. I was a pledge and learning every ones name and getting use to seeing them out of context (pledging stuff). And of all places I had just walked into the bathroom and as Laura was walking out she asked if I knew her name....!!! I knew her face and knew it started with an L. Luckily she took pity on me and reminded me what her name was. I got to know Laura better the following year, along with the 2 Christy's and rediscovered an old friend in Jen. She has been a wonderful friend over the last several years. We were in each others weddings and had a lot of fun times together. One of the things I loved best about our friendship is how comfortable we are. I can completely be nyself around her- quirks and all. She intoduced me to contemporary christian music, instant and powerful prayers, big bear hugs filled with love, and most important, a true servant heart. For all of those things I am thankful. For those of you who don't know (but most of you do) she and her family are over in Cochabamba, Bolivia as part of a mission team. She has been an inspiration to me since I met her and has helped me grow not only as a Christian but as a woman of God. Happy Birthday my friend! Hope you are having a blessed time at your conference and I hope this is a wonderful day for you!

1 comment:

laura said...

Marie - thank you so much for your precious words! you were such a treasure of a friend at harding, and i'm thankful to still call you friend! God bless you and your family!