Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pictures and updates

Well...it took me a lot longer to put up some pictures than I had planned. We store our pictures in Kubuntu (operating system) and it went bezerk one day and I couldn't get it to work. We were lucky that we didn't loose any of our pictures. I have more pictures to download and get up here, but Matt is going to work on transferring all of the pictures over to his laptop and burning a cd so we have a back up. We are also looking at getting an external hard drive to keep the pictures on so we can load them up and spit them out! :) Hopefully I can get the new ones up here soon. Our friend Heath came for a visit this last weekend. The team that he is on will be departing for Africa in December and their team mates are funded through a church here in Nashville. We were able to be at the send off for them and were able to spend some time with Heath and his wife Rebecca. Matt and Heath were able to spend a full day together catching up and relaxing. I know Matt enjoyed that time with Heath. We are excited for them and can't wait to hear about all the wonderful work they will be doing. Matt and I are already talking about planning a trip to Rwanda in a few years. There is a link on the side of my blog that is for the Rwanda missions team if you are interested in meeting the team.

I have 2 weeks till school starts back up. The summer goes by way to fast! I am going to try and work in my new room this week and a little next, but I'm not sure that I will get a whole lot done. My friend Rebecca made me a deal, that if I help her paint her room she would help me paint mine. I think I might take her up on it! :) Ian and Riley will be starting pre-k the same time that I head back. Caleb will be spending a week with my mom while I have the "getting ready for the 1st day" days. It is kind of weird how they work Kindergarten around here. Basically they only go for a few days and some of those are half days the first week. They divide the number of kids and he may only go 2 or 3 days of that first week and at least half of that will be half days! It seems weird since he is so use to going to school every day. But I guess it is better for the kids who are having their first time away from home.

I hope that everyone has a great Monday and enjoy the posts that are of our 4th!


*I forgot to mention- I am working on our blog template so right now it's all white. There may be some experimental backgrounds that you will see over the next week- so get ready! :)

No comments: