Monday, October 11, 2010

M/M Update



WOW....where to start?? I guess I will start with the love of my life, and my best friend.

Matt is still with Vanderbilt, but in a new area. He is now with the Cooperative Human Tissue Network (CHTN). He is really enjoying this job, but at times it is stressful. He is the "it" guy now :) I am proud of him for taking the leap to this new job. Matt has become involved with Skate Church here in MJ. Every Thursday, he heads to our skate park and gets to know the kids. They do a devo and skate. The kids really look up to him and he loves that God has used him in this area.

I am still with Wilson Co Schools, but am now close to home :) I am working at Mt Juliet Middle and I am loving it. The change itself was rather stressful, but I love the kids and people I am with. They restructured the whole SPED department, so there have been some stressful moments and hiccups along the way. I am sponsoring a Campus Life club at our school and some of the Skate Kids are leading it up. I am super excited that God is using me in our public schools.

We are both loving our church home. Friendship has become our home now. We love the people, the service and the community that we are in. Matt is working in the Recreational Ministry and I am working in the Ladies Ministry. We have been blessed with friends and the ability to jump in to work with our church.

God is continuing to bless our lives and our marriage. Since our move here 4 years ago, we have grown not only as individuals but as a couple. God has moved our relationship more towards each other and him. I am truly blessed to have Matt in my life. He is my best friend and I love spending each day with him.

No comments: