Monday, October 24, 2011

My Lil' Pumpkins




We had planned to go to a pumpkin patch this weekend, but the boys were struck with a really weird 9 hour virus, so we decided to delay the patch till next weekend and go gab some pumpkins to carve.  We let the kids pick out their own pumpkin, and the boys were devastated when I vetoed a 50lb pumpkin for each of them.  :)  We will be heading to Ghouls at Grassmere and Honeysuckle Hill this weekend before Halloween.  

It is quiet funny as I am unsure where I stand with the whole Halloween thing. Each year I hem and haw over what we should do.  I love to watch the kids dress up ( and we scored yet again with the non-scary costumes!  Thank you Jaiden for being so little and for making your oldest brother  not want to scare you!!!) and enjoy the innocence of what it is now.  But now that Caleb and Ian are older, and they are in school, they are hearing more about Halloween and are asking questions.  It is making me more aware and wanting to research it to see what I/we should do.  Next up....the pumpkin carving! 

No comments: