Saturday, March 17, 2012

My "Duh" moment of the week

At this moment, I am eagerly waiting for my kids to get home.  They have been at their grandparents for the week.  Even though I have gotten so much accomplished, I miss them terribly.  I have, however noticed one thing: I needed this week, this break. Yes- I just admitted it.  

I needed time to rejuvenate (and clean!).  I think every mom needs it whether they realize it or not.  I usually don't realize it, but this time I did.  As I cleaned, I let the tension out, I prayed, I sang, I rejoiced in the fact that my children's grandparents love to have them with them.  I loved having a solid conversation with Matt, that was uninterrupted.  I relished having the undivided attention of my husband (between basketball games of course- it is March!).  I enjoyed just sitting, relaxing and watching movies that we hadn't seen because of the kids.   I feel more of me, more ready to take it all on- to take what ever is thrown at me, and to handle it with grace instead of stress. 

I plan on making more of an effort in this area.  To do something for me each week.  Whether is is creating scrapbook pages, reading at a coffee shop, retail therapy (with the husbands permission, of course!), or exercising.  I think in the long run, I will be a better mom, wife and friend if I make myself a priority every now and then!

1 comment:

Chad and Lindsey Eason said...

AMEEEEEN sista'! Wow, loved reading about another woman who is willing to admit that she needs some time with just herself (and maybe her man too!). ;0) Seriously, so glad to hear that your parents were willing to give you guys some much needed time to be yourselves...aside from the constant role of being a mom and dad. It is really easy to lose yourself in the role of parenthood, and it really is refreshing to be reminded that first and foremost your a child of God, an individual with your own likes and needs, and a WIFE! I'm sure you were thrilled to see all your babies once they got home, and that you felt as if a "restart" button had been pressed. Yay for Spring Break! :-)