Friday, December 15, 2006

Caleb's Birthday Party








We celebrated Caleb's birthday on the 9th. Most of our families came down for the party and then a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. He made out like a bandit this year. He got cool stuff from everyone. He was so funny when opening presents. He would unwrap the gift, go "wow, that's cool- Thanks!" and then put them in a pile and move on. I think it really only took him maybe 10 min to open all the gifts. There was no admiring them or playing with them. He was on a mission. Then we had cake. He decided he wanted a Spider-man cake, so I attempted the craziness and it turned out pretty good. It takes a long time to decorate and your hand will get tired, so be prepared if you decide to make it! I got the candles on the cake and I put it down in front of him and he started singing Happy Birthday to himself, so we all joined in. I guess he thought we were taking to long. :)
There is a picture of him in his new bike/skateboard helmet and pads. He loves them and was so happy when he got them all scuffed up. I didn't get any pictures at Chuck E. Cheese, but they had a blast. They danced to the music and played tons of games. We still have plenty of tokens left over for the next trip. It turned out to be a great first TN birthday. Next year I am sure we will have tons of kids in the pictures too!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! I'm super impressed with that cake! Way to go! Glad you all had fun, especially Caleb. :)

Carris Family said...

The times goes so fast (I make myself sound old saying that)! The cake is SUPER!! I love it!! Good for you! Molly

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm so impressed with the cake!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Caleb likes his helmet, elbow and knee pads. Its also good to know he is safe!