Monday, June 09, 2008

What have we been up to....

since getting out of school? I wish I could tell you we have been going every day, doing fun and exciting things- but we haven't. But I will tell you that we have enjoyed our time together, at home, hanging out. This morning, the kids played in their rooms for 3 hours!!!!! They had a blast and went of too many adventures to recount. I have been potty training Riley, and will be for the next few weeks I am sure. We have only had 2 accidents so far, and they were minor. I think we will play in the sprinkler this evening, when the temp drops to 90 (can you hear the sarcasm??) :) We may run a few places when Daddy gets home. I have things planned for us to do and we will be taking a few weekend trips, but I want this summer to be fun. Caleb will start Kindergarten in the fall, so I want this summer to be relaxing and fun. And with gas prices the way they are, we plan on doing things at home.

My wonderful husband and I are dating again. Yes I know, we are married, but here lately we got in a rut of sorts. We decided to really focus on God first, of course, but then us. We have placed the kids up there and not fully concentrated on us in a while. It has been wonderful! We enjoy our little moments together, even if it's making dinner. we don't have to be doing something specific, but just being together. Matt has done all sorts of wonderful things for me. When he first asked me out on a date, he held up 4 cards and told me, if I picked a heart I had to go on a date with him. Low and behold- I picked a heart. Then he turned them all over and they were all hearts. :) Well I had to go into work on a Saturday (last day of school) and when I got up in the morning, there were cards taped certain places that Matt knew I would go to. They were in the exact order that I would do my "routine". They were all hearts and he had written all the things that he loved about me. Talk about misting up! They were amazing and so sweet. I couldn't stop smiling. Then I got a beautiful arrangement of flowers the other day. I have never been more in love with my husband than I am now- not just because he has done these things for me, but because I know he loves me and he has taken the time out to create these wonderful moments for me.





2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! How sweet and wonderful! How great that you are having fun dating again! I wish we could double! :) How is potty training Riley going? Is she in underwear now? How exciting! No diapers! Do you remember the days?!

Dawn said...

Awwww...that is precious. We need to do that too. We've been gripey and snipey lately...and romance?? What's that! Thanks for the inspiration!