Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow Day!

Today is a snow day! The kids are excited, I slept till 7 but Matt had to go to work. I will try to get some updates with pictures up here today. It has been way to long! For now I will give an update with no pictures (come back later for those).

We are doing good. Since the last update, Riley turned 3 and Caleb is now 6. We had some pretty subdued birthdays this year, but the kids did not seem to mind at all. Caleb is enjoying school and kids club. The other night Kids Club (the after-school care he goes too) had a night that they stayed open late for parents who wanted to go shopping and such, Caleb decided he wanted to go, so we let him. He was the only Kindergartner there, but had a BLAST!! He ate a few helpings of Mrs. Jo's spaghetti and meatballs with bread, and chowed down on some desert. Mrs Jo said she was reminded of what it was like to have young boys. :)

Ian and Riley are having a blast at school. They have been learning their Christmas carols and will go caroling next week at the school. It will be so neat to see. Last night Riley was full of 1002 questions. All about Christmas and Santa. It was so neat to hear her voice asking these questions with her eyes lit up. In each of the kids rooms we have a little tree that Linda had gotten the kids. They have ornaments that they each put on. Riley's is on her nightstand by the door. She was trying to figure out how the presents would fit under the tree. I told her that the big presents would be under the big tree downstairs and that if she was good Santa would put a small present under this tree (in her room). She promptly put her head down to sleep and I then had to tell her that it wasn't time for Santa to come. She was a little disappointed, but he will be way to excited to sleep come Christmas eve.

Ian is growing so fast (they all are really). He has matured quite a bit this year and I can see him changing everyday. He continues to be a tender-hearted one. He loves to snuggle and please. Yesterday we had a hard time at the Pre-K because he decided that he needed to wash his hair with the soap in the bathroom. We had an interesting head washing int he front office bathroom. But he told me later that he wouldn't do it again. He is learning so fast. He picks up and remembers just about everything. I can tell him that we will do something on Friday , on Monday and he will remember come Fri morning.

Work is good for me. The students are going a little nuts sine break is almost here. I have done several craft projects with them this year and they seem to have liked it. Next week we will do a few more and then a Christmas party and movie day. My students do not have to attend on the testing days, so I may only have 1-2 students on Thursday and Friday. I must admit I am looking forward to the break. Even though it is only 2 weeks it will be relaxing to be at home.

Work is going good for Matt. He is somewhat busy right now. They had a "crunch and much" social yesterday and he was loaded on good foods. A few of you have asked how he is doing since all this happened with Lee. He is good- the beginning was hard of course. Up until the surgery we were all apprehensive and concerned. I know it hit Matt hard. Having to watch his Dad struggling was a challenge. I can tell you that he is better, knowing that the surgery was successful and watching his dad progress. He and I (well not so much me in the last few weeks) have been playing WoW together. When the expansion came out he played his higher level character to get him to 80. But I love that we can play that together. I get to learn from the best (imo).

Lee is doing well. He came down for Caleb's birthday. He is walking better and better everyday. They are looking at dismissing him from therapy soon. He would really like to go back to work in January. They are going to start back with McKendree (where he teachers) since that is 2 nights a week and see how that goes. That way , he can ease into it slowly and it may not be so over whelming.

Well, I'm going to dress the kids and head out into the snow/ice for a bit. Maybe get some good pictures. :) I'll update with Halloween (a few months late) and other pictures later.

No comments: